Monday, March 10, 2014

New Organization!

I was out reading the blog of one of The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery girls and she posted THIS organization tip post.  I loved her crate that she had her project supplies in to sit next to her while she worked.  So not a valid option for when I had littles running around and playing in my supplies but it works great now!  I went on a crate search.  I tried thrift stores for a cool one like she had and didn't find much, then I was at Bed Bath and Beyond and in their drawer organization I found the cutest divided box.  Snapped it right up.  I wish the sides were a titch higher but other than that it works great!  So nice to have everything sitting out ready to go but still looking cute.  I am stitching even more because it is right there.

I have been looking at Etsy at all the amazing needle books talented ladies are making, I have not yet committed to one yet.  But I want to get one so I can put my traveling stitcher needle book back in its matching tote with that project.

 This is what it looks like when I am working.  I have needles in my needle book, my scissors are easy to reach and find!  All my threads are there to work with.  The square down from my scissors is where I keep the color I am working on so I can quickly rethread.  Sometimes I thread a couple if I have a large area of the same color and stick the second one either into the top of my needle book or on the magnet on my tablet if I am using a pdf pattern.
 Loved the pattern on this!
This is what is looks like when I walk away, to me it is tidy and fine to sit on the couch waiting for me.  It might bug some people but I love it!  My biggest issue is my Shih Tzu doesn't think twice about walking over it and drives me crazy trying to sit in it while I am stitching.  Comes down to she thinks I should only pay attention to her and stitching gets in the way of that, after a minute she usually settles down on my lap or my feet and gives up the quest to stop me.

No comments:

Post a Comment